We collect these categories of Personal Information in the following ways:
1. Information You Give to Us
You may choose to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, including your first and last name, company name and email address by completing forms on our website, such as when you register to use our services. You may also provide us with Personal Information about yourself when you report a problem or have a question about our services.
Please note that if you do not provide us with Personal Information, your ability to use certain aspects of our products and services may be limited.
2. Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Services
We collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. When you use our Site, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Site; Internet protocol address; and cookies that uniquely identify your browser. We may also collect and process information about your actual location. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third party advertising and analytics partners include Google and similar analytics partners.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your Personal Information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To inform you about services available from Resident Service;
- To administer content, promotion, survey or other Site features;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in special programs, surveys, and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails;
- To improve our customer service;
- To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Site;
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
We use the information we collect from our Site to provide, maintain, and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect our Company and our customers.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may use your Personal Information to see which web pages you visit at our Site, which web site you visited before coming to our Site, and where you go after you leave our Site. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Site and how to improve it. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Information
Whenever we collect Personal Information from you, we may do so on the following legal bases:
- Your consent to such collection and use;
- Out of necessity for the performance of an agreement between us and you, such as your agreement to use our services and products;
- Our legitimate business interest, including but not limited to the following circumstances where collecting or using Personal Information is necessary for:
- Product development and enhancement, where the processing enables Resident Service to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers, and to better understand how people interact with our Sites;
- Communications and marketing, including processing data for direct marketing purposes, and subject to your opt-in for these purposes, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- Fraud detection and prevention;
- Enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems; and
- General business operations and diligence;
Provided that, in each circumstance, we will weigh the necessity of our processing for the purpose against your privacy and confidentiality interests, including taking into account your reasonable expectations, the impact of processing, and any safeguards which are or could be put in place. In all circumstances, we will limit such processing for our legitimate business interest to what is necessary for its purposes.
Information We Share
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for one or more business purposes:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other network activity information;
- Geolocation Data;
- Sensory Data;
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We do not share Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of the Company unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Resident Service when we have your consent to do so.
- For Legal Reasons. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Resident Service if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Resident Service, our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, sell, or share assets in connection with, for example, a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or bankruptcy. In such transactions, Personal Information about our users is often a transferred business asset. In the event that Resident Service itself or substantially all of our assets are acquired, Personal Information about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
- Aggregate Site Use Information. We may share aggregate and anonymized/pseudonymized Personal Information to advertisers and other third parties in order to promote or describe use of the Sites.
Your Failure to Provide Personal Information
Your provision of Personal Information is required in order to use certain parts of our services and our products. If you fail to provide such Personal Information, you may not be able to access and use our services and/or our products, or parts of our services and/or our products.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For example, we keep your Personal Information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our products and services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your Personal Information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your Rights and Choices for Accessing, Updating or Deleting Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. We also aim to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We provide you with choices regarding access to and deletion of your Personal Information you have shared with us, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Access Your Data. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means you have a right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Information stored on our servers or information technology environment to another service provider’s servers or information technology environment.
- Right to Delete Your Data. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Right of Correction. You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to Object (opt-out). You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Information, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- Right to Refuse to be Subjected to Automated Decision Making, including Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities by filing a complaint with us or with the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Exercising Your Rights and Choices
If you choose to exercise your rights and choices, you can:
- Submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call 407-459-7866 to submit your request.
Depending on your jurisdiction of residence and the law which applies to you, you may also designate an agent to exercise your privacy rights on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request. We may respond to your request by letter, email, telephone or any other suitable method.
In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
California Privacy Rights – “Shine The Light” Requests
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. Resident Service does not sell Personal Information to these third parties. You may request a list of our affiliates by contacting us at email@example.com. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please include information that verifies that you are a resident of California. Please allow up to 45 days for a response to your request, up to 135 days when reasonably necessary.
Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Resident Service. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party's website. Resident Service strongly recommends that each User review the third party's terms and policies.
How We Protect Personal Information
Resident Service maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User's Personal Information and information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and transport layer security (TLS) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Information.
If Resident Service collects account information for payment or credit, Resident Service will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
Resident Service does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information collected via this website to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us at the address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Questions or concerns
We welcome your feedback regarding this policy. If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact us by email at email@example.com or postal mail at:
SightPlan d/b/a Resident Service
P.O. Box 4308
Orlando, FL 32802-4308